Located on the top floor of the alluring Kaï Papaï villa, Les Tourtereaux sleeps up to three people and offers a double sofa bed and a single bed. The upper villa is fully furnished and guests of Les Tourtereaux and Les Dauphins both have access to a spacious kitchen, full bathroom, separate half-bathroom and outdoor shower (for those sandy afternoons when you’re coming back from our black sand beach 7 minutes away).
The soft tropical breeze flowing through the local wood jalousie windows naturally ventilates the rooms. We also supply all the duvets, pillows and extra blankets necessary for a good night’s sleep.
Les Tourtereaux opens up to a private balcony, which faces a tall white cedar and overlooks papaya trees. At night, it is particularly pleasant to sit there, listen to the tiny Saint-Lucian frogs croaking and watch the starry sky as it is protected from light pollution.
On the terrace, you will be able to relax in a hammock, lie on a mattress to gaze at the gliding clouds or twinkling stars, devour your favorite author in the rocking chair or savor a local dish while contemplating the sun set or the majestic silhouette of Gros Piton in the distance.
Sharing common living spaces often creates opportunities to spend nice evenings and tours together. When both bedrooms are occupied, our guests, who sometimes share their meals, often go out to explore the island together!
Upon prior agreement, on the morning after your arrival, you could start your holiday on a scrumptious note with a breakfast made of an array of freshly harvested fruits, grilled toasts, jams, cereals and juice, coffee or tea.
If you don’t feel like shopping before coming to the villa, ask us to prepare a food basket with local produce.
Depending on the season, you will be presented with a selection of exotic delicacies, ranging from juicy mangoes and bright yellow star fruits to refreshing papayas or palatable passion fruits. All these wonders are organically grown with love and care by our nature-oriented family on the villa’s half acre plot amongst the buzzing hummingbirds and monarch butterflies.
The kitchen is well equipped with a four-burner stove, an oven, a microwave, a coffee machine, a kettle, a fridge and a freezer. To transform the space into an American kitchen open onto nature, just push the tropical wood jalousies that face the terrace and overlook the garden. Behind the masking curtains, you will find all the cutlery, crockery, pots and pans that you could need to cook up a storm unless you prefer to go to the restaurant nearby or ask us about the possibility of having us prepare a vegetarian meal for you.
The second bedroom door communicates with the upper villa’s spacious bathroom. Designed for your every comfort, it includes a full-size tub where you can indulge in a fragrant, relaxing bath while you admire the lush trees from the artistically crafted louver shutters. An outside shower with warm water is also available for nature-lovers who enjoy admiring the overhead canopy while they scrub up. You will be provided with fluffy towels and toiletries so your luggage can be as light as possible.
For your convenience, a washing machine and cloth lines are available.
To book a stay with us in Les Tourtereaux, select your dates the calendar here
See you soon!
Facts you need to know…
- Airport transfers by taxi cost about 18€ from Hewanorra International Airport (located in the vicinity of Vieux-Fort) and 63€ from Vigie Airport (located in the vicinity of Castries)
- Buses to Vieux-Fort and Soufrière pass quite regularly on the main road. The waiting time is shorter in the morning than in the evening. There are no buses on Sunday and public holidays.
- Rates include the first morning’s breakfast package – tea, coffee, milk, cereals, fruits, bread, butter and jams plus a pack of basic cooking supplies of oil, salt, sugar, etc.
- All bedrooms are equipped with 220 and 110V European, American and English plugs.
- The rooms are cleaned and the bed linen and towels are changed once a week.
- Wi-Fi connection is available and, upon request, a laptop can be provided for a short-time.
- If you have an unlocked quadband and triband cell phone and buy a local SIM card (available from local shops for about EC$15), you will be able to make local calls without being charged at international rates. Otherwise, we could let you use our cell phone to make local calls for a small compensation as we don’t have any unlimited packages here.
There are many activities available to you during your stay. Check them out!