Kaï Papaï is a divine villa with a distant view of the Caribbean sea and the majestic Gros Piton, home of the island’s drive-in volcano.
It is set amidst enchanting greenery on which the fiery sun’s rays reflect their golden tones. Dozens of birds twitter and chatter lightheartedly on the swaying bamboos, bougainvilleas and palm trees.
Located in a beautiful area not far from the Pitons, between the beaches of Choiseul, Piaye and Vieux-Fort, the villa consists of four independent living spaces: the Family Garden Suite surrounded by dozens of fruit trees, a self-contained studio whose terrace opens onto the lush vegetation of the garden, the Upper Villa, whose open architecture allows the panoramic view to be appreciated and a wooden cottage with its own tropical garden.
The Upper Villa
With its two large bedrooms, Les Dauphins and Les Tourtereaux, the Upper Villa sleeps up to eight people. Its occupants have access to a vast terrace, a large kitchen, a full bathroom – complete with bathtub, washing basin, bidet, toilet, washing machine and storage space -, as well as a half-bathroom and an outside shower.
Sharing common living spaces often creates opportunities to spend pleasant evenings and to share sightseeing tours and meals together. If you would rather have exclusive use of the whole upper villa, select your dates below to book it!
The terrace of the Upper Villa, which is spacious enough to host arts, dance or sports sessions, faces the majestic profile of Gros Piton, the only drive-in volcano in the world. Leaning on the balustrade, you will have a distant view of Anse Touloulou’s beach, where you can plunge into the Caribbean sea. We will be happy show you to our secluded beach down the road. You’re sure to enjoy a quiet swim before heading back through the leafy trail to your St. Lucian apartment.
The soft tropical breeze flowing through the louvered windows made from local woods naturally ventilates the sleeping area, where you will find comfortable beds, freshly changed bed linen as well as all the duvets, pillow, extra blankets and mosquito nets necessary for a good night’s sleep.
The Family Garden Suite
With its three large bedrooms and its library, the Family Garden Suite sleeps up to seven people. Its occupants have access to a shaded patio, a large kitchen, a full bathroom ‑ complete with bathtub, washing basin, bidet, toilet, and storage space ‑, as well as a separate toilet and an outside shower.
Les Anolis is a small, self-contained studio with its own toilet, kitchen corner, outside shower and terrace with dining and liming areas. The accommodation, which offers a double bed as well as a mezzanine bed for yougnsters, sleeps up to four people. T
For more privacy, an additional self-contained two-bedroom cottage, Kaï Zanmann, is also available on the property.
The beach of Piaye, a village within fifteen minutes walk where you could find a grocery store with basic supplies, offers yet another perspective on the blue sea and the island of Saint-Vincent, which can also be seen from Anse Touloulou on a clear day.
Kaï Papaï is located mid-way between the larger beaches of Laborie and Choiseul (Sab Wisha). Reaching Vieux-Fort, the second town of Saint-Lucia, by bus takes about half an hour, whereas Soufrière, its sulphur spring and botanic garden are about 45 minutes away.
If you don’t feel like shopping before coming to us, ask us to prepare a food basket from local produce.
Facts you need to know…
• Airport transfers by taxi cost about 18€ from Hewanorra International Airport (located in the vicinity of Vieux-Fort) and 63€ from Vigie Airport (located in the vicinity of Castries)
• Buses to Vieux-Fort and Soufrière pass quite regularly on the main road. The waiting time is shorter in the morning than in the evening. There are no buses on Sunday and public holidays.
• Rates include the first morning’s breakfast – tea, coffee, milk, juice, cereals, fruits, toast and jams plus a pack of basic cooking supplies of oil, salt, sugar, etc.
• All bedrooms are equipped with 220 and 110V European, American and English plugs.
• The rooms are cleaned and the bed linen and towels are changed once a week.
• Wi-Fi connection is available and, upon request, a laptop can be provided for a short-time.
• If you have an unlocked quadband and triband cell phone and buy a local SIM card (available from local shops for about EC$15), you will be able to make local calls without being charged at international rates. Otherwise, we could let you use our cell phone to make local calls for a small compensation as we don’t have any unlimited packages here.
There are many activities available to you during your stay. Check them out!